Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Glimpse

This email conversation is true and was copied verbatim from my inbox. To give a bit of background, we are conducting a scavenger hunt of sorts to be executed at the company picnic in August. Our department has been supplied a list of items that must be collected in order to facilitate the hunt. One of the needed items is a toupee.

Original Email: "Below is the updated list for the Scavenger Hunt – Remember, we have until Aug 20th to get all the remaining items together. If your name is beside something highlighted in orange, let me know the status of having the item in hand.
Regarding passports – Bring those on the 20th and we will determine who has traveled the farthest."

Email Reply: "The guy I got the toupee from had a heart attack & died right after the first of the year but I have a barber at my church searching for another one :)"


I can't help but wonder if the reply comment struck anyone else as odd. This is just one example of the folks I work with.

No comments: