Thursday, July 2, 2009

No Longer Silent

I have been spiritually quiet most of my life. Quiet when I should've screamed with all my might. Quiet when I should've acted boldly. Quiet when I should've talked to my Savior.

A common theme in my thoughts these days is that God is prodding me to move. He is pushing me to require more of myself as His child. Why He is earnestly knocking on my heart and awakening my heart, I do not know. What I do know is that the feel of His hand on mine, pulling me to where I need to be is tangible.

I have spent most of my Christian life doing less than even going through the motions. And now I am compelled to change my life for Christ. To the point of turning my little world on it's ear, I am asking God to show me what He would have me to do.

My most recent consumption is to become consumed with Christ. This should have been my goal all along. And I can't help but question what took me so long? But none of that matters now as I am standing on the edge of a cliff. With no information other than knowing God will hold me in His hand as I embark on His journey, I am finally ready to take the step, make the leap, and rely on faith alone.

Lord, never let this newly built fire fade from my heart. Whatever it takes, draw me closer to Christ and use my life and all that is in it to bring glory to You.

No comments: