Friday, September 19, 2008

T.G.I.F.

It's Friday! The only thing better than being in downtown Greenville on a cool, crisp Friday afternoon would be strolling Main Street USA, Disney World, Orlando Florida. I am in an exceptional mood this afternoon and I have no rhyme or reason for such. Granted I'm always in a somewhat happy, laidback mood; however today I'm downright giddy. And I can't help but marvel at this fact when you take into consideration it's not a payday Friday, I have no big plans for the evening, local news has been downright terrifying as of late, my car has only 1/2 a tank of gas left, and left shoe is forming what I believe to be a small blister on my heel. None of this matters. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's by the grace of God I have a Pollyanna outlook on this world. Perhaps I am blessed with a simple mind and therefore I am not bothered as much as others. I can't explain it. But I am grateful. I walked up the street a few minutes ago and couldn't help but smile as the wind blew through my hair. I stopped to converse with a dog and then went on my merry way. Some might question my mental capacity because of the goofy smile on my face. Then again, some might question that regardless.

No comments: